Monday, January 23, 2012

It's only 8:15pm, where are the kids?

In bed of course! But no, not of course in our house. We're lucky if we get both kiddies asleep before 10pm these days. And for this we're grateful!  Only a few months ago our little raver baby was happy to keep on partying until midnight!

Tonight; however, they ARE in bed already. Both of them! This one can be chalked down in the history book as a first, or (before I count my chickens too early) perhaps a one off exclusive. Let's hope it's not the latter.

I love my boys, don't get me wrong. And every single second spent with them is an absolute joy for which I will always be eternally grateful for (ya der, ya-der yad-er). But I admit, tonight, after kissing my eldest boy and tiptoeing from his room, you would not believe the sheer relief and elation that overcame me as, upon entering our room, fully prepared for the hour or so wear down of baby, my husband shooed me out with a victory gleam in his eye!

He'd gotten the babe to fall asleep happily all on his tod, and more importantly, without Momma! Victory for baby, victory for Daddy and, oh so importantly, a massive victory for one preggo Momma!! Bring on the sitcoms,cereal and foot rub!!

It only lasted an hour before the 'booby' call. But who cares? What an hour!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment