Saturday, March 31, 2012

my Ding-a-ling!

Try as we might, we just can't get our 13 month old to stay sitting in the tub. He knows the sign, and the command, and he'll plop down for a second, but he's like a puppet on a string and no sooner has his booty touched the tub, he's standing up again, bouncing his knees and squealing in sheer delight at his own defiance.

Our 2 year old prefers to tow the line, but he still appreciates baby's fondness of rule breaking, and he usually giggles along, unless it's spoiling his fun in anyway, then he likes to take it upon himself to tell baby off. 

So both boys were sharing a bath a few weeks back, and I'm sitting there policing these antics, when our two year old, reaches over and flicks baby's willy, with an accompanying high-pitched "Ding!' just like he's ringing a bell. It cracked me up. How could the little man resist when it was being shaken around in front of his face like that? 

I'd forgotten the little 'tete-a-tete' until this afternoon, when I loaded a naked baby into the wagon, beside his big brother. I saw my 2 year old look curiously, and before I knew it the little monkey dinged baby's ding-a-ling again!

Trying desperately not to laugh, I heard myself telling my 2 year old "Leave baby's willy alone. If you want to play with a willy, you can play with your own!" 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment