Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's a wonderful life!

Saturday, 1st December

Momma and little Miss D!
Last night Daddy got the antenna up - at least he wired it up. The aerial itself is sitting on a chair on our upstairs deck so far bringing into our home; Jay Leno, f....f...f..football, and now that black and white all time Chrimbo classic It's A Wonderful Life.

There's also non-stop cooking, Spanish soap, and a very energetic evangelist if we're ever feeling hard-up for entertainment. You never know - this antenna may prove better birth control than a condom.

Apparently once it's fully erect and pointing towards San Antonio (the antenna) we're going to have so many free terrestrial channels we'll be channel surfing along with the best of you couch potatoes!


I've missed TV. I missed Will and Kate getting hitched, and I missed Obama getting re-elected. I even missed James Bond and the Queen jumping out of an airplane (Godammit)!

Don't worry, we haven't been devoid of a tele altogether - we're not total freaks. We can watch all the substandard Christmas flicks we like, anytime we want, on Netflix - and we do - but there's nothing quite like watching along with millions of others - even if they're not sitting in my living room!

Not that anyone can rate It's A Wonderful Life as sub-standard. They don't make them like they used to - eh? Surely every lucky devil that ever walked the face of the Earth can relate.

It surely is a wonderful life - and for us and ours, life just keeps getting better and better everyday. And I know why. It's because I love them more and more each day.

I won't apologize if I just made you puke.

Today is the first of December - the first day of Advent (the boys got chocolate snowmen in their calenders) and the month of 'Facebook' thankfulness is officially over.

But that doesn't stop me being thankful. I am thankful for my family; for sure the one I left behind in England, but furiously and forever the one I've created.

Today we had family shots taken.

We all took showers (even Dad), brushed our hairs, and put on the smartest togs we could find in the dryer. Momma even put some shimmer lippy on. We all piled in the minivan and drove the few miles to the most picturesque part of our wonderful country village, where we met our fabulous photographer, Kelly Portmann. Please go and check out her photography blog now - you can see more of our family shots there too!

Here's why I'm eternally thankful. Introducing us.................

From left to right: S-Boy, Momma, L-Boy, Daddy, Little Miss D!

And thank YOU Kelly for capturing my love on camera.

Let's finish on a song, shall we?

'No need to run and hide, it's a wonderful, WONDERFUL life.......'

5 comments:

  1. See this is why we need TV in our life..Osama was killed, Obama was reelected!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - aw, man! BIG oops! Serves me right for clicking publish without getting the hubs to proof read it! I have already been back in and edited my faux pas! Ironically I just called one by the other yesterday. My brain aint what it used to be!

      Delete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE your pictures! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding... love it!!! Crankin' (ha!!!) slu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and fun photos! And life IS wonderful!

    ReplyDelete