All you non-bloggers out there may want to navigate away from all this narcissistic nonsense now....
Man, I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I've got blogger awards flying out of my ass these days (much like our little Lady Ga-Ga's poops)! Far too many for me to properly play along with AND abide by all the rules....
Maybe I'll squeeze in a poopy pic here (and air some of my daughter's dirty laundry in public) just for shits and giggles:
|This could NEVER happen again! |
See exit poop point - barely a skid-mark!
For those that haven't a clue what I'm on about, these awards are a bit chainletter-esque, without the 'if you don't do it, a plague will fall on your house' part..... at least, I hope that's not part of the deal!
Anyone in the blogging community can create an award - with their own set of ridiculous rules and requirements - I would if I was a little cleverer with the old Photoshop and whatnot (adding it to my incredibly long to-do list right now).
It's our way of recognizing one another's brilliance. That, and it helps with writers' block!
I hope I didn't just give away one of our most sacred blogger secrets, sort of like our unwritten magician's code - you know, 'what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas' kind of a deal.....!!!
Anyway, award etiquette requires that the lucky nominee (nominee = winner.. go figure?) 'blog thank' the bestower, jump through a hoop or two, then pass the baton on to some more willing winners!
The hardest bit for me is the passing it along part..
Not that there aren't any deserving bloggers out there - on the contrary, there are tons - way too many to pick from!
Unfortunately, my track record for picking party poopers is pretty great (and after this post I may be joining their ranks..). I either pass it on to someone who already has it, I get rejected, or worse, completely ignored....
That's not always the case.. you know who you are!
So this time I'm going to take a leaf out of Big A Little a's blog and offer these following awards up for any of my readers that want ONE (with only the odd hoop or two to jump through) :
|Check out my sidebar! Now, that's convenient!|
|Efxaristo to The Greek Housewife |
and Michele from follow me home...
|More thanks to The Greek Housewife|
|Even MORE thanks to The Greek Housewife|
|Thank you Jlee's Blog|
|Thank you Big A Little a both for|
the award and the inspiration!
Hmmmm, let's see. Only here, in my little blogging corner of the world, do I have any power - so I'm going to let it go to my head! Here goes...
The rules are - there are no rules (Ha! Gotta love Grease)
The individual set of rules for each blog award is still the same (unless of course you want to change them up yourself!). I'm not copying and pasting them here (that would be madness) so it's down to you, my reader (aka the nominee/winner) to do the leg work.
Just follow the blog links (to some pretty fantastic fellow bloggers) captioned above to find the rules!
All I ask is that you leave a comment here if you want to be 'nominated'. Trust me, you can't lose! I'll reply with much gushing love and congratulations and mutual appreciation; then, you're squids inn!
Only one bloggy award per reader - let's not be greedy! This coming from the Momma that scarfed down more than 46 chocolate bars last week!
What's to stop you from snagging all five? Nothing! Except perhaps the Blogger honor code which I may have already smashed into smithereens! For that I'm sorry - a bit.
To show you that I'm truly NOT a bad sport or a total rule-breaker (rebel-without-a-clue, more like):
11 + 7 + 7 + 1 random things about me:
1. I am a twin
2. I have scoliosis
4. I can name all 50 American states in Alphabetical order in less than 15 seconds.
5. I can touch my nose with my tongue
6. I have a butterfly tattoo
7. It's on my ass
8. My thumb got chopped off when I was a kid
9. I hate Christmas Cake
10. I don't have a middle name
11. I got married on top of a big rock
12. I'm scared of leaving voice mails
13. I have to bite the chocolate off a Malteser before I can eat the bit inside
14. I'm a sitcom junkie
15. I fainted after my ears were pierced
16. I am from Yorkshire, England
17. I met my husband in Ecuador
18. I lived in China for a year
19. I didn't eat an Avocodo until I was in my twenties
20. I can't stand margaritas
21. I was a barmaid for 3 years
22. I drink coffee all day
23. I can spin Fire Poi
24. my name is not Josephine, it's just Josie
25. I traveled across South America by boat
26. I still remember all the actions to Hey Macarena and Saturday Night
5 answers for the Laine award:
1. What is your current beauty obsession?
Using a baby wipe to clean my pits.
2. What is the ONE item you wish you owned?
Exciting stuff here: It's currently a toss up between a Pressure washer and a Dyson vacuum cleaner!
3. What is your favorite topic to read about?
Sex. It saves me from actually doing it.
4. What inspired you to become a blogger?
My best friend.
5. What nail polish are you wearing now?
The SAME as the last time I answered this SAME question in my Across the Pond blog.
|7 weeks ago!|
11 answers for the Liebster award :
1. Why do you blog?
It's my 'flow' time.
2. Which is your favorite post? (link?)
It's too difficult for me to pick one - so I asked the hubs and he said: A Darwinian Love Affair. It's the story of how we met.
3. Have you ever received negative comments and how did you handle it?
I offended a person who was important to me, so I removed the post.
4. If you were a movie character which one would you be?
Tough question! I want to say Vivian from Pretty Woman - but I'm not a prozzie! The hubs is saying Scully from the X-Files or Jessica Rabbit - I think he's answering his OWN question.
5. What is your favorite dessert?
6. What is your worst personality trait?
Impossible standards (apparently)
7. 'Avengers' or 'Transformers' ?
I'm going to have to say neither.
8. If you could travel in time in which chronological period and where in the world would you go to?
I'd go back to the 90's, Birmingham University. I've been there and done that, but I'd like another T-shirt...
9. What is your favorite book?
Oh, The Places You'll Go!
10. Which quote/saying do you live by?
If it aint broke... don't fix it!
11. If you weren't answering these questions right now what would you be doing instead?
Sleeping! But the hubs had other ideas.
11 questions for the Liebster award:
1. What's YOUR favourite kid show?
2. What is the meaning of life?
3. Share your stripper name.
4. Tell us something you haven't told ANYBODY else.
5. How many of your Facebook 'friends' are really your friends?
6. What's the best thing about you?
7. What do you do on Sunday Mornings?
8. What's your KID's favourite kid show?
9. What did you like least of all about this blog post?
10. Will you cook dinner tonight?
11. Share a funny kid story in less than 300 words!
If you made it all the way to here (ahem, without skimming) you absolutely must be worthy! Congratulations everyone! Thank you for reading and I can't wait to return the favor, and read all your bloggy award blogs!
Go on, take one - you know you want to! Seriously, I gave up 3 hours of sleep (or sex - 18 times over!) to pump out this post! TAKE ONE PLEASE!